Supported by the Department of Health Research, MoHFW, Government of India
A Regional Resource Centre for Health Technology Assessment (HTA – RRC) is set up at Indian Institute of Public Health Gandhinagar in April 2018 with support from the Department of Health Research, Government of India.
HTA is a form of policy research that systematically examines short and long-term consequences of an application of a health technology. In fact, HTA generates evidence related to the clinical effectiveness, cost-effectiveness, and safety of medicines/drugs/vaccines, medical devices, diagnostic tools and innovative public health programs. HTA guides decision makers in their evaluation of new health technologies and their decision to invest or disinvest in the program.
HTA- RRC at IIPHG works with the vision to formulate safe, effective, health policies that are patient/ population focused and cost- effective. The RRC-HTA has a full-fledged multidisciplinary team trained by Department of Health Research on conducting HTA studies.
Lead from IIPHG:
- Dr. Somen Saha, PhD, MPH
- Dr. Deepak Saxena, PhD, MD (Community Medicine)
- Dr. Tapasvi Puwar, PhD, MD (Community Medicine)
- Dr. Komal Shah, Post Doc, PhD (Life Science), M.Sc.
State Nodal Officer :
- Dr. Bhavesh Modi, Associate Professor
Full-time Staffs :
- Dr. Apurva Kumar Pandya, PhD, MA (Clin. Psy) – Economic Evaluation Specialist
- Dr. Bharat Desai, MD (Community Medicine) – Scientist-D
- Dr. Nikita Vadsariya, PhD (Zoology), MSc – Research Officer
- Mr. Devang Raval, BCom, PGDHM – Program Associate
- Mrs. Yogini Kandre, BSC, DMLT, PGD D in Clinical Research – Program Associate
Key expertise at IIPHG HTA RRC:
- Conduct HTA studies in priority medical new drugs, medical devices, diagnostic tools, and health programs in the State
- Recommend smart purchasing for Universal Health Coverage based on HTA studies as well as evidence synthesis
- Economic evaluation and impact assessments of health programs
- Capacity building of policymakers and State health team
For more details, contact Dr. Somen Saha (email@example.com)