Reports and Periodicals (From 2008 to 2016)
INSPIRE project-Gujarat’s 3-tier approach to tackle malnutrition: Issues and Recommendations, Phase 1 report, submitted to DST and Government of Gujarat
The Swaddle : What's going on with Organ Donation in India http://theswaddle.com/what-is-going-on-with-organ-donation-in-india/ January 2016
3 documentary films were made under the ARCADE project for public awareness.
1. Tribal Health Consultation: Experiences, observations, and suggestions for actions. Indian Institute of Public Health, Gandhinagar. 28th November, 2015.
2. Schools as a setting for Comprehensive Health Promotion: Preventive, Promotive, Curative, Referral and outreach services. Formative Research Report. WHO India Project.
3. ARCADE Visit Report to Sweden and Finland
4. SEWA report of the impact evaluation – 2015
5. Deepak Saxena : Low Awareness about HBV , Deccan Herald 28th July 2015
6. A film on recycling by Dr Mayur Trivedi-selected in French film festival as one of the best documentary.
1. Report on formative phase for the WASH and CLEAN project, January 2014.
- T Shah, D Mavalankar, GS Azhar, A Jaiswal, M Connolly. Addressing heat-related health risks in urban India: Ahmedabad’s Heat Action Plan. Inside story. Climate and Development Knowledge Network.
- Gulrez Shah Azhar, Priya Dutta, Ajit Rajiva and Dileep Mavalankar. Protecting School Children From Heat Waves in Ahmedabad. Towards HFA2: Emerging Insights from the Grassroots. South Asia Disasters.
- Gulrez Shah Azhar, Priya Dutta, Ajit Rajiva and Dileep Mavalankar. Possible Heat Action Plan for Small Towns of India. South Asia Disasters.
5. Report on Supportive supervision on Roll-out of two-day refresher training for anganwadi workers to WCD, Government of Gujarat
6. Scaling up efforts of SEARCH’s Home Based Newborn Care activities in Karnataka – a Case study. Funded by Save the Children India
7. Report of “Evaluation of Nutrition Mission Project in Bavla and Barvala blocks of Ahmedabad district established by Zilla Panchayat. Funded by ZP Ahmedabad”
8. Report of “Case Study on Scale-up of Home Based Neonatal Care in Karnataka”, to Save the Children India.
9. Ahmedabad Heat Action Plan. Available from www.egovamc.com/downloads/HealthCare/healthpdf/heat_action_plan.pdf
10. Report to the Government of Gujarat on Health Facility Mapping study. Phase 1A
11. Need Assessments and Feasibility Study for establishing a research Cell in various Medical College across Gujarat: Submitted to ICMR 2014
12. Guidelines for publishing Negative Studies in Bio Medical Research: Submitted to ICMR 2014
13. Formative study on improving young people’s reproductive and sexual health and enhance empowerment in Gujarat through demonstrating convergence of health programs in Talodtaluka of Sabarkantha. 2014
14. Report on formative phase for the WASH and CLEAN project, January 2014.
15. Submitted final report on Evaluation of RSBY in four states, Kerala, Gujarat, Mizoram and Tripura, to GIZ, New Delhi in collaboration with NRMC, India, New Delhi– July 2014.
16. Setia M., Rana R., Gajjar, J.D., Mavalankar, D.“Number of New Sub Centers Needed” Health Facility Mapping in Gujarat – Mapping the Sub Centers: Government of Gujarat, India (Phase I Report). November 2013.
17. Setia M., Chaudhary P., Rana R., Gajjar, J.D., Mavalankar, D.“Suggesting Locations for New Health Facilities Using GIS Mapping” Health Facility Mapping in Gujarat: Government of Gujarat, India (Report II). April 2013.
18. ARCADE RSDH 19th to 36 month project report
19. Article on ARCADE-RSDH showcased in Vibrant Gujarat Economic Submit. Web-link:
20. Appraisal of Recruitment, Placement and Transfer related policies and practices for Medical Officers in Gujarat under the Wellcome Trust fellowship grant
1. “The impact of microfinance-linked health programs in addressing access barriers to health services in India”. Project completion report supported by Wellcome Trust Capacity Strengthening Award to Public Health Foundation of India and a Consortium of UK Universities. October 2013.
2. Setia M., Chaudhary P., Rana R., Gajjar, J.D., Mavalankar, D. (2013) “Suggesting Locations for New Health Facilities Using GIS Mapping” Health Facility Mapping in Gujarat: Government of Gujarat, India (Report II). April 2013.
3. Edited Special conference issue for International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health on Inequity in Maternal and Child Health December 2013
4. Need Assessment and Feasibility study for developing a research cell in Medical College across Gujarat : Report Submitted to ICMR 2013
5. EPI-4 Network meeting in Gujarat: Report Submitted to KI Sweden
1. Report of “Evaluation of Nutrition Mission Project in Bavla and Barvala blocks of Ahmedabad district established by Zilla Panchayat. Funded by ZP Ahmedabad”
- Technical Report on Workshop on Qualitative Research Methods for Health Professionals, IIPHG: Ahmedabad, 2012, to be submitted to ICMR & CSIT
3. Technical Report on Spring school on Social Epidemiology and Social Determinants, IIPHG & UCL, Ahmedabad, 2012, submitted to WTP secretariat
4. Report of Evaluation of Child Development and Nutrition Centres in Ahmedabad district, to be submitted to Zilla Parishad, Ahmedabad
5. Report of “Case Study on Scale-up of Home Based Neonatal Care in Karnataka”, Submitted to Save the Children India.
6. Metcalfe M, Saha S, Rao DSK, Stack K, Awimbo A. 2012. Integrated Health and Microfinance in India: Harnessing the Strengths of Two Sectors to Improve Health and Alleviate Poverty. State of the Field of Integrated Health and Microfinance in India, 2012. Jointly published by Freedom From Hunger, Indian Institute of Public Health Gandhinagar, and Microcredit Summit Campaign. (Released on 28th July 2012 at New Delhi by Syeda Hameed, Member, Planning Commission, Government of India)
7. Khatri J, Saha S, Anuradha. 2012. Qualitative study on adolescent and young people’s health and development in Ahmedabad District, Gujarat. Report by Indian Institute of Public Health Gandhinagar and Mahila SEWA Trust.
8. India Health and Microfinance Community Newsletter Vol 1, Issue 2, June 2012 (Jointly published by Freedom from Hunger, Indian Institute of Public Health Gandhinagar, and Microcredit Summit Campaign).
9. Impact of RSBY on enrolled households: Lessons from Gujarat (With T. Sheshadri, D. Saxena, D. Devadasan). Report being submitted to World Health Organisation. August 2012
10. “Study of health facility type design”Health Facility Mapping in Gujarat: Government of Gujarat. (Report IB). October 2012.
11. “Number of New Health Facilities Needed” Health Facility Mapping in Gujarat: Government of Gujarat. (Report IA). April 2012.
1. Willingness to pay for health insurance among people living with HIV and AIDS (With I Gupta et al). Report submitted to Population Services International. December 2011.
1. N.Nakkeeran, Sanjay P. Zodpey, Deepak Saxena, Workshop on Qualitative Research Methods for Health Professional, IIPHG, 2010
2. Somen Saha, Murli Krishna, STT on Monitoring and Evaluation of Public health Programs, IIPHG, 2010